MOUNT PEARL FROSTY FESTIVAL INC.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR & EVENT COORDINATOR
The Mount Pearl Frosty Festival has been a fixture in the City of Mount Pearl for over decades. It began in 1983 and now as it enters its 34th year, the Festival has grown into the largest winter event in Atlantic Canada.
The Mount Pearl Frosty Festival is now accepting applications for the position of an Office Administrator & Event Coordinator. Reporting to the Festival Executive, the Office Administer & Event Coordinator will organize and assist with the coordination and execution of the 11 day Festival, February 4th – 14th, 2016 in collaboration with the Frosty Festival Board of Directors.
Under the supervision of the Executive, duties of the position shall include, but are not limited to:
- Office administration including answering phones, checking voicemail messages, replying to email inquiries.
- Working closely with the Frosty Board, volunteer committees and venue staff to coordinate core Festival events.
- Delivery of core Festival events to a high standard.
- Addressing the needs of Festival sponsors.
- Act as a point person during the event responsible for coordinating volunteers, rentals, deliveries, signage setup, tech rehearsal, etc.
- Drafting a detailed post mortem report outlining your experiences and providing recommendations for future Festivals.
- Other related duties as requested.
- Knowledge of the Mount Pearl Frosty Festival considered an asset.
- Previous experience in office administration and event planning considered an asset.
- Previous experience handling cash transactions/ adhering to cash handling procedures considered an asset.
- Proactive leader; positive attitude; works well independently and as part of a team.
- Superior time management skills; ability to multi task and problem solve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer and the ability to quickly learn how to operate an online e-ticket platform; working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
The position of Office Administrator & Event Coordinator is contingent on the approval of external funding.
The Office Administrator & Event Coordinator must be able to work flexible hours prior and most importantly during the Festival. Hours are as follows (subject to change):
The Office Administrator & Event Coordinator must have access to a vehicle whereas some travel is required. The Office Administrator & Event Coordinator will be compensated for kilometers based on the City’s approved kilometer rate.
The Event Coordinator must be able to provide a RNC Letter of Conduct, if successful.
RATE OF PAY: $14 per hour + 4% vacation pay
ANTICPATED SCHEDULE BASED ON 35 HOURS WEEKLY:
Monday, November 16th – Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Monday, January 4, 2016 – Friday, March 4, 2016
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Saturday, October 31, 2015
METHOD TO APPLY: Via email c/o Past Chairperson Keith White, email@example.com