Earlier today, Megan Drodge, Chairperson of the Frosty Festival, joined by Frosty, community leaders and Festival sponsors officially launched the 35th Annual Mount Pearl Frosty Festival, February 2 – 12, 2017.
“The Frosty Festival is the largest winter event in Atlantic Canada,” said Chairperson Megan Drodge. “With over 65 events in 11 days, there is truly something for everyone.”
Currently celebrating it’s 35th anniversary, the Frosty Festival has been a fixture in the City of Mount Pearl for more than 3 decades. It offers a quality package of diverse entertainment that caters to the whole community to encourage maximum indoor and outdoor activity during the winter.
“Residents of Mount Pearl and neighboring areas are reminded that the Festival program will be distributed in this week’s GoBag,” said Drodge. “The Festival schedule and tickets for events are available at www.FrostyFestival.ca. Last year, many of our festival events sold out in record time, so we are reminding everyone to log on early to purchase their tickets. Tickets are available for purchase starting 11am on Saturday, January 14, 2017.”
- The Mount Pearl Festival is a volunteer driven organization.
- The volunteer Board of Directors is comprised of 11 community-minded individuals, and supported by 25 local service groups.
- The Mount Pearl Frosty Festival is supported by over 500 volunteers who give of their time and talents throughout the Festival.
- The Mount Pearl Frosty Festival is supported by 36 corporate sponsors. Visit FrostyFestival.ca for a full list of corporate sponsors.
- The Mount Pearl Frosty Festival is supported by all levels of government – the Department of Canadian Heritage, the Department of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development and the City of Mount Pearl.