MOUNT PEARL FROSTY FESTIVAL INC.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS SUMMER STUDENT
The Mount Pearl Frosty Festival has been a fixture in the City of Mount Pearl for over 3 decades. It began in 1983 and now as it enters its 35th year, the Festival has grown into the largest winter event in Atlantic Canada.
In preparation of the 35th Mount Pearl Frosty Festival, the Festival’s Board of Directors is hiring a summer student to assist with the marketing and communications strategies, selling of advertisements in the programing booklet, and in preparation of the 35th Anniversary celebrations.
Under board supervision, duties of the position shall include, but are not limited to:
- Research – Conducting online research/ researching best practices such as documenting information on similar festivals for marketing ideas, concepts and processes that may be applied to our festival.
- Statistical /Data Analysis – Compiling and updating current computer based sponsor and advertising listings and contact information.
- Marketing (sponsors) – Contributing to the retention and recruitment of sponsors.
- Communicating by email and over telephone with current and potential new sponsors.
- Identifying potential sources for new sponsors.
- Marketing (advertisers) – Assisting with the selling of advertisements in the Frosty Festival Programming Booklet.
- Communicating by email and over telephone with current and new advertisers.
- Identifying new potential advertisers and ensuring they receive an advertisement solicitation package.
- 35th Anniversary – Assisting the 35th anniversary with various functions as requested.
- Other related duties as requested.
- Understanding of the basic principles of marketing/ communications.
- Proven ability to perform marketing and communications activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, with a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task.
- An outgoing personality.
- Previous experience in selling advertisements will be considered an asset.
- Understanding of the Mount Pearl Frosty Festival, while not required, will be considered an asset.
This position is funded through an external grant and criteria dictates that the candidate must be between 18-30 years of age having completed post secondary education this last year with intention of returning to post-secondary education in the fall semester 2016.
RATE OF PAY: $12 per hour
ANTICIPATED START DATE: Monday, June 14th 2016 (8 week period)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 28, 2016
METHOD TO APPLY: Via email c/o Chairperson Megan Drodge email@example.com
Please note that the Mount Pearl Frosty Festival Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those who apply for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.