Mount Pearl Frosty Festival Inc.
The Mount Pearl Frosty Festival has been a fixture in the City of Mount Pearl for over three decades. It began in 1983 and now as it enters its 35th year, the Festival has grown into the largest winter event in Atlantic Canada.
The Mount Pearl Frosty Festival Board of Directors is now accepting applications for the position of Festival Coordinator. Reporting to the Festival Chairperson, the Festival Coordinator will organize and assist with the coordination and execution of the 11 day Festival, February 2nd – 12th, 2017 in collaboration with the Frosty Festival Board of Directors.
Under the supervision of the Chair, duties of the position shall include, but are not limited to:
- Office administration including answering phones, checking voicemail messages, replying to email inquiries.
- Staffing event box office for a prescribed number of weeks.
- Setting up and maintaining the online box office system, including assisting customers with the purchase of tickets.
- Working closely with the Frosty Board, volunteer committees and venue staff to coordinate core Festival events.
- Delivery of core Festival events to a high standard.
- Addressing the needs of Festival sponsors.
- Act as a point person during the event responsible for coordinating volunteers, rentals, deliveries, signage setup, tech rehearsal, etc.
- Working with the 35th Anniversary Committee on specific commemorative activities.
- Drafting a detailed post mortem report outlining your experiences and providing recommendations for future Festivals.
- Other related duties as requested.
- Previous experience in office administration and event planning.
- Previous experience handling cash transactions/ adhering to cash handling procedures
- Proactive leader; positive attitude; works well independently and as part of a team.
- Superior time management skills; ability to multi task and problem solve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer and the ability to quickly learn how to operate an online e-ticket platform; working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Experience using online database systems or online ticketing systems considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the Mount Pearl Frosty Festival considered an asset
- Experience working in the voluntary or community sector considered an asset.
The position of the Festival Coordinator is contingent on the approval of external funding.
The Festival Coordinator must be able to work flexible hours prior and most importantly during the Festival.
The Festival Coordinator must have access to a vehicle whereas some local travel is required.
The Festival Coordinator must be able to provide a RNC Letter of Conduct including the Vulnerable Sector Screening, if successful.
RATE OF PAY: $14 per hour + 4% vacation pay
ANTICIPATED SCHEDULE BASED ON 35 HOURS WEEKLY FROM OCTOBER 3, 2016 – MARCH 31, 2017 (Subject to available funding)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Monday, September 19th 2016.
METHOD TO APPLY: Via email c/o Chairperson, Megan Drodge, firstname.lastname@example.org